SERVING FOR 4
- 10 -12 Chicken Pieces (Dark is more flavorful, but you can definitely use white meat…(pat dry very well)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (or to taste)
- 2 -3 green onions, chopped very small
- 1 1⁄2tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice pimento or allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon habanero pepper(can use more than 1/4 teaspoon, but not less)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon dark brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup dark rum
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple juice
- Prepare a glass dish large enough to hold the chicken pieces.
- To make the rub, combine all rub ingredients.
- Place the washed and dried chicken pieces in the glass dish.
- Rub the pieces all over with oil.
- Then rub the seasonings all over the chicken pieces to coat well.
- Cover and refrigerate for minimum 3 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare the glaze.
- To make glaze, combine butter, sugar, dark rum and pineapple juice in a saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 8-10 minutes; remove from heat, and set aside until ready to grill.
- After 3 hours, prepare the grill to high heat.
- Arrange the chicken pieces on the grill.
- Brush with glaze, turning the chicken until brown and cooked.
- When serving, drizzle with any remaining sauce.
HINT: USE DARK SUGAR WITH THIS RECIPE AND MARINATE FOR 24 HOURS IN REFRIGERATOR. LEAVING THE SKIN ON IS BEST FOR FLAVOR (BUT OPTIONAL)
Recipe © Kittencal@recipezazz