This is such a simple recipe yet so yummies; you’ll be making every week!
6 eggs separated
½ cup sugar
½ cup flour
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
Cream of Tarter (pinch)
2 cups Pistachio Ice Cream
2 cups Vanilla Ice Cream
1 to 2 tsp. Crème de Menthe liquor
1 to 2 tsp. Grand Marnier liquor
5 tbs. cold water
2 egg whites
1 ¼ sugar
1 tsp. cream of tarter
1 tsp. light corn syrup
1 tsp. Vanilla extract
The night before, mix 1 to 2 tsp. of the tasty Crème de Menthe into the pistachio ice cream and then pound down into 2-inch thick squares between two sheets of parchment paper.
Do the same with the vanilla ice cream, adding 1 to 2 tsp. of Grande Marnier Liquor and pound down into 2-inch thick squares between two sheets of parchment paper
The next day:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
In a large bowl separate the 6 egg whites, add the pinch of the cream of tarter and whip until stiff.
Then take one yolk at a time slowly folding into the whites.
Do the same with the sugar and the flour by very slowly adding and folding into the whipped up whites.
Pour batter evenly into two greased and floured 8’’ round backing tins. Bake for around 20 minutes until the cakes spring back to the touch.
Finally, while the cake is baking and then cooling,
Make the frosting.
We are going to fit a metal bowl above a pot of ½ cup of boiling water.
Just take all the ingredient: egg whites, corn syrup, sugar, cream of tarter, and vanilla extract and slowly mix until you have a nice marshmallowy texture.
Stick and Sweet…
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees
So now let’s put it all together.
• Take one layer and carefully cut it across.
• (These layers will be for the middle and top.
• The whole layer, which is not cut, will be the bottom on top of which all is built.
• Place a thin layer of frosting on the cake
• Take one of the ice creams out and place on top of the frosted cake layer. Thinly spread some frosting on top of the ice cream.
• Take the bottom half of the halfed cake and place on top of the frosted ice cream.
• Now repeat
• Place the other ice cream on top of the middle frosted layer.
• Thinly frost top of ice cream
• Finally, place the last piece of cake on the very top
• Cut the access ice cream hanging out from the cake.
• Frost the entire cake
• Place in oven and brown in about 5 minutes.
Sounds complicated but it’s not. Remember to work in layers.
If you want to make this an under 21 cake, as well, just leave out the liquors.
It is a delicious piece of Alaskan heaven either way. Umm Umm!